New Mexico is the home of a number of different scientific installations as well as a number of high tech private corporations that require a robust program for emergency management. This also means that the potential to earn a higher salary in this state is present, since there is more risk associated with the positions that are offered.
- Strayer University - Bachelors of Science Degree in Criminal Justice
When it comes to emergency management specialists in New Mexico, the average expected salary each year is approximately $64,000. In New Mexico’s most highly populated cities, the salary for emergency management specialists may differ dramatically:
- Albuquerque: Average Salary – $55,000
- Las Cruces: Average Salary – $80,000
- Santa Fe: Average Salary – $73,000
- Rio Rancho: Average Salary – $55,000
- Roswell: Average Salary – $61,000
According to information published by the U.S. Department of Labor, hazardous materials workers in the field of emergency management can expect to earn the following salaries in Albuquerque.